Monday, May 16, 2011

TAIWAN: The Artistes 'LIVE' 2011

That's right~ After 3 months, I've decided to blog again! For those who go onto Facebook (I guess that's almost 100% of you), you would have known that I'm currently in the lovely country of Taiwan for my exchange program =)

To see how much fun I'm having, please visit my Facebook albums. Very happs. Very nice. Yups. But this blog post is for an entirely different purpose.

Coming to Taiwan has its pros and cons, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. And one of the pros is definitely seeing the bevy of Taiwanese (and Singaporean) pop-stars performing here!!


While some of you might still be thinking "what are the cons of coming to Taiwan?", I'm now moving on to show you a couple of big name stars that I've caught on video so far.

So.... here we go!! =)
~


#1 孫燕姿 Stefanie Sun

Song: 當冬夜漸暖

Venue: Taipei 西門町
Event: Stefanie Sun's latest album "It's Time - 是時候" autograph session



I remember when I first got to know that our very own local songbird was holding an autograph session for her latest CD (4 years is a freakinnn long wait), my friend and I just bought the CD on the spot and rushed to the back of the snaking line.


Not bad, though. Managed to get our own autographed albums, while telling her we're from Singapore, before ending with an almost fanboy-ish "加油!".




~
#2 五月天 Mayday

Songs: 離開地球表面,戀愛-ing

Venue: Kenting 墾丁
Event: Spring Wave Festival 2011 / 春浪 2011




The Spring Wave Festival at 墾丁 was the music festival to be in Taiwan for the Spring Break, and boy did it roooccckk.


Jumping up and down, shouting our voices hoarse... all together with thousands of crazy fans - only Mayday can achieve that feat, and all for the right reasons.




~
#3 田馥甄 Hebe

Song: LOVE (Ukelele + Rock version)

Venue: Kenting 墾丁
Event: Spring Wave Festival 2011 / 春浪 2011



Ahh, Hebe, Hebe... although the crowd wasn't as high as Mayday's, but most fans were simply immersed in the moment, as her saccharine voice serenaded us in the cool, Kenting night.





~
#4 林俊傑 JJ Lin

Song: 一千年以後

Venue: Taichung 台中
Event: 媽祖之光 2011



Although I've watched him 'live' in concert twice before, his professionalism still inspires, and his self-written melodies never fail to sway the crowd, who comprised of young fans, as well as the older folks who were there to pay respects to 媽祖. Yes, this is a concert organised in respect of a goddess.




~
#5 羅志祥 Show Luo

Song: 獨一無二

Venue: Hsinchu 新竹
Event: 媽祖之光 2011



This was another 媽祖 concert, but this time held in Hsinchu, where I stay. My friends and I braved the chilly winds just to wait for Mr Dua Pai to perform one song. Worth it? Well, so-so.


But still, he sure can charm a crowd, alright.




~
#6 MC Hotdog

Song: 差不多先生 ft. 张震岳

Venue: Kenting 墾丁
Event: Spring Wave Festival 2011 / 春浪 2011



Having two of the most bad-ass Taiwanese performers in the Mandarin pop world sharing the stage definitely produces good chemistry. Almost as high as Mayday.




~
#7 蘇打綠 Sodagreen

Song: 小情歌

Venue: Taichung 台中
Event: 媽祖之光 2011



This classic song is given quite a safe treatment by them. But still, who can deny 青峰's crystal clear voice?



~
That's all folks! Hope that's not all for the popstar performances... and hope my blogging doesn't stop as well!

Take care, people =)

No comments: