Sunday, September 2, 2007

You Can't Stop The Beat!

As you can tell, I still haven't got enough of Hairspray the movie. On Tuesday night I went to watch it again. This time with my mom and bro. They enjoyed the movie too. And I bought the soundtrack straight after that. Shall review it at the end of this post, to prevent anymore Hairspray overload =P

The biggest thing to probably happen to me this weekend is this:
I FINALLY GOT MYSELF A DIGI-CAM !!
With my own money somemore lor. Got it at the COMEX IT SHOW with zirong & weilong. You know how I always look out for deals. This Nikon Coolpix L11 has got 3x optical zoom, 6.0 Megapixels, and comes with all the handy features you'd expect from a normal digicam.

But what's BEST is the fact that I got so many free gifts along the way! The camera costs $250 but it comes with free gifts worth $138. There's a free 2GB SD card, tripod stand, case, LCD screen protector, screen cleaner and a Nikon umbrella! That's the reason why I get my stuff at IT shows. You can the best deals in town!

Okay, now i'm sounding sibeh kiasu. But that's what you'd do if you want value for money. Hee.

Here are some sample pics from my new camera:


Yup, that's my cam. Took it in the mirror.


(From right) Wei Long, Zi Rong and me @ Anderson's ice cream (sorry if my face looks retardedly big)


NTU Band's Mnemonic concert. Went on Saturday night. I like their sound. I like this shot =)


I call this my 5 dollars mouse. It only worths 5bucks! Bought it at COMEX at a steal man. Hope it lasts, though =S

Yup, me happy. Camera turns out fine. And now, for my short review of Hairspray the Soundtrack.



I give the soundtrack W o o o o W (4.0/5)

Seriously, You can't stop the beat!
This soundtrack is as infectious as the movie itself and who knows how many times I've listened to it on my mp3 player already. On the bus, on the MRT ... everywhere.

The songs are sung by the very actors in the movie and all are incredibly talented.

TRACK LISTING:

1) Good Morning Baltimore - it's uplifting and happy
2) The Nicest Kids in Town - who knew Cyclops from XMEN could sing so well?
3) It Takes Two - slow and romantic
4) (The Legend of) Miss Baltimore Crabs
5) I Can Hear the Bells - melodious
6) Ladies' Choice - Zac Efron shines in this upbeat, infectious number
7) The New Girl in Town - best enjoyed watching the movie
8) Welcome to the 60's - great vocals
9) Run and Tell That - teenage Michael Jackson ... sort of
10) Big, Blonde and Beautiful
11) Big, Blonde and Beautiful (Reprise)
12) (You're) Timeless to Me - goosebumps rising
13) I Know Where I've Been - Queen Latifah really can sing
14) Without Love - a great sing-a-long pledge of love
15) (It's) Hairspray
16) You Can't Stop The Beat - woohoo! show-stopping good stuff
17) Come So Far (Got So Far to Go) - Nice. I really like this song
18)
Cooties
19) Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now

Alright, take care peeps!

No comments: