Friday, January 11, 2008

Note-Worthy (1)

Hahahaha.. sorry, I'm still laughing from the after-effects of the previous post. Classic. Want to thank fungi and especially szern for being such sporting ppl.. =) Lamerz really had fun, duncha think so? You guys rock! =D

That aside, this entry is about recent nice songs that I want to introduce!

You know, when you're in the army, sometimes it's so sian until you find yourself sitting down and just listening to your mp3 player for time to past. Well, I do that a lot of time these days. I don't know what I'll do w/o my player!

Shall start off with notable Mandarin ones.

1) 光良 - 烟火









The pop prince who brought us 童话 is back. It has a catchy-chorus which grows on you. It's the sure-work 光良-formula.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


2) F.I.R ft 信 - 需要你的爱







The explosiveness of this duet between Faye and 信 is what makes this song so memorable. Their power-harmonising is impressive and... just makes people want to go Kbox.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


3) S.H.E - 你最近还好吗







This song has a melody that forces you to sing along with it whenever it's playing. (I mean it in a good way) SHE is getting better in their harmonising, which is important for this song, and... Hebe rocks. Ok, random =P
I give it WoooW (3.0/5)


4) 周杰伦 - 阳光宅男







It's upbeat, it's catchy, it's cheeky, it's the golden collaboration of 方文山 and 周杰伦. Nothing much can go wrong. This single simply.. rocks.
I give it WooooW (4.0/5)


A not so recent but still damn nice song...

5) 范玮琪 - 是非题







I really really really like this song. It's a simple love song: a great, stirring melody + meaningful lyrics. 范范's voice added depth to this single.
I give it WOOOOoW (4.5/5)


And now...
for the
English Songs.

Those not really interested in English songs DON'T turn away! I think you'll still find one or two inside which you'll enjoy =)


1) Jordin Sparks - Tattoo





(YouTube has disabled the original video's html) BUT you don't have to see it. Just listen to the song and you'll like it. Sparks is the latest winner of American Idol. Although it's regarded as the weakest season yet, it's one of the best pop songs since dunno when. Who says pop has died?
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


2) Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love





Views: 15,398,454 and counting. That is the counter on the original video on YouTube. Insane? I'd say perfectly normal 'cos this is a really solid single from this new artiste who looks like J Lo but sounds 100 times better. Highly recommended.
I give it WooooW (4.0/5)


3) The Last Goodnight - Pictures of You





A band to watch-out for in 2008. This first single is highly successful here and in the States. Meaningful lyrics and good ol' pop-rock.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


4) Santana ft Chad Kroeger - Into the Night





Kick-ass song! The flawless guitars of Santana plus the groove of Nickerlback's charismatic frontman produces a sheer feel-good song. And we sang: "eh-oh-eh-oh-eh-oh-ay.."
I give it WooooW (4.0/5)


5) Mary J Blige - Just Fine




Move aside packaged-newbies like Rihanna and Nicole Scherzinger; the real stuff is back! The queen of R&B struts her stuff even harder and better here. It is so fine.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


6) OneRepublic - Stop and Stare




Following the crazy-successful hit Apologize with Timbaland earlier, the band itself is back. I think they are much, much better themselves. This song grows on you.
I give it WooooW (4.0/5)


That's all, yup. I need to rush before this bloody thing lags again 'cos of all the YouTube vids. Anw, on saturday, went to The Wine Company @ Dempsey Road with a couple of Lamerz. Drank two bottles of white wine (6 of us). Show you photos next time.

Going to Thailand soon for overseas ex this saturday!

Take care, peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.