Monday, September 22, 2008

Britney's Back!

Remember my post same time last year when Britney Spears' career crashed and burned? Click here to recall. It was the Video Music Awards '07 where she pranced around on-stage looking fat, lost and giving a very bad lip-syched performance of Gimme More, which got audiences shouting "Gimme No-More".

Well, the once-Pop Princess is officially back, triumphing at the 2008's MTV Video Music Awards, the same event that destroyed her last year. Funny how showbiz works, eh?

Give you more on that later (pun not intended).
~

But firstly, some photos. Went to SAF Seaview Resort @ Changi Village for battery cohesion. It's a damn beautiful place; the only problem being it's too ulu-ated and there's nothing much to do except play mahjong (which I did, hehe) and BBQ (we also did).


We also spent a good half of the time playing this zombie board games. Kang and Choy simply love their board games. I can foresee a board game mania after I ORD =P
~

Celebrated Jia Min and Bao Yuan's birthday @ JM's house. Forgot to take pics! Anyway, it was a mahjong day and we watched 881. It was an okay movie - too depressing for my liking, actually.
~

Played mahjong again with zw, fungi and sk on sunday. Monday off. And I've booked my driving practical test date! 5Dec2008. My first practical lesson is on Hari Raya. Got jm the same instructor. He seems like an experienced guy. Old, pot-belly, speaks in a drawl - that's how an instructor should be, I guess =x
~

Now for the Come-back of the Year.

This was last year:


And this is NOW:


Nope, she didn't perform (actually, a good thing, since I'm sure last year's nightmare-ish bikini dancing of Gimme More is still fresh in people's minds), but she did become the BIGGEST WINNER of the night.

Britney bags these 3 awards, including the most prestigious:
> Best Female Video of the Year (for Piece of Me)
> Best Pop Video (for Piece of Me, again)
> Video of the Year (yep, you guessed it, for Piece of Me)

Is it a sympathy thing? Seeing that she is recovering from her mental illness and the lost of custody for her two kids? BUT.. it seems like not. Judging from the standing ovation she got when she appeared on stage to open the show, looking stunning in a silver dress, and another standing ovation when she won the first award, it seems this woman is poised for a come-back.

And guess what?

Circus, her 6th studio album, is slated for a December release in America. And this is a leaked single from the net, entitled Mannequin.


It's strange how she got more famous after being infamous for so long. Blackout is already a classic among fans (and probably her most critically-acclaimed effort, yet). Just accept it, people. Once Circus is out, the bit*h is officially back. Lol =x
~

Okay, I'm happy I settled my private driving instructor so fast. Hari Raya is my first lesson. Practical test date also book already. Thanks jm for this. If she didn't force me to go call up the guy I wouldn't have gotten it done within these two days. But thanks ah, I did all the job and you got yourself an instructor minus all the hassle =p

Booking in later. Confirm a lot of stuff waiting for me when I'm back.

Happy recess week for the uni-ppl!

Take care, peeps!

No comments: