Sunday, August 2, 2009

And Here We Go Again...

Yup. Going for Hall Camp. After all the storm of discussions and conversations, decided to go. Just finished packing. As always, bag is bursting in its seams. Pre-camp was today. Day Zero and I've kena-ed a forfeit already. I must say, I didn't expect myself to put on camo cream again after I ORD-ed. But well, life is full of surprises.

Wow, totally didn't blog for sooo long. Can't really remember the events. Let's see...

Anyway, got my first taste of arguably the best yakitori in Singapore @ Nanbantei restaurant at Far East, then there were those exciting visits to ION Orchard. But more on those extravagance later. Firstly, Paverts' OG outing @ my house [pictures courtesy of Fifi] (I know this event is damn outdated, considering the number of events our OG have been churning out by the day):

Rest of the photos (including one quite unglam one) are on facebook.
~


Then.. Nanbantei, which was one of the more expensive dinners I've spent on myself in a looong time. But here's a sneakpeek at the heavenly-tasting yaki-tori from that lesser-known restaurant at 5th level of Far East. Choy, we must go scout for more good food!:
Yes, I can already smellllll it now. I'm hungry. For the rest of the mouthwatering photos, please see fb.
~

Then there were all those outings whereby we by-passed Ion Orchard. And there's one on the long escalator of Orchard Central:
~


And that last-minute kboxing session. Pity didnt take any videos or anything. Our version of Daughtry's Over You, Phantom of the Opera's Think of You, totally rocked the house man, harmonizing and all :X Please go learn the guy-girl harmonizing for Say It Isn't So. I found it on Youtube! Click here.
~

And there was this Secret Operation "SP" at SMU Settlers'. 'Nuff said. The people will know. I like Citadel!
~

Okay, caught Overheard (aka
竊聽風雲) at Shaw. Here's the review:
I give the movie:





If you've read my review on the movie Revolutionary Road, you would've known that I kinda dislike depressing movies. Well, Overheard definitely isn't as tragic as that 1960s American drama, but this Hong Kong thriller does prove to be a tad heavy to deal with.

But that's not to say it is a bad movie. Written and produced by the people who brought you the excellent Infernal Affairs (disregarding part 2 and 3), this film tells the story of a team of undercover cops spying on a public-listed company whom the police suspect of dealing illegally in the stock market. As with all things involving large sums of money, greed and/or personal gain comes into the picture, and that's where the film begins its downward spiral into this dark tale of morality.

Apparent flaws are the slow pacing at the start of the movie, and the almost cruel way of treating our movie leads in the story. However, what's to be praised is the 3 charismatic dudes, each of them doing very well in portraying their characters and the inner-struggle that each of them face.

FINAL SAY: From my review above, you can guess that a 'happy ending' in this case might be slightly blurry, but the film does have it's plus points of a solid story and good acting. But what scares me the most is that all of these might actually be happening in real life.
~


Okay, I really need to sleep right now if I want to enjoy my camp from tomorrow onwards.

Everything's happening so fast and school's gonna start soon!

Take care, peeps!

No comments: