Friday, October 5, 2007

Fairness? Not Guaranteed.

So many things happened this week. You should know where I was. Yup, after last week's post, I'm glad to say that things have changed (slightly) for the better.

And thanks, guys, for your rally of "I hate smoking". For the good news: me, my buddy and another chinese have (voluntarily, automatically, self-proclaimed) transferred to another smoke-free, pasar-malam-atmosphere-free bunk. =)

And guess what? Another chinese from another bunk pao-toed to the IC about the smoking prob (as if everyone can't smell it; please, there's this thing on our faces called the NOSE). The higher authorities were informed and we thought they were duly-punished. All I can say is: if you call that punishment, 20 push-ups is the death sentence.

What's the worst thing is the fact that I have to do a 24-hour duty tomorrow (a freaking saturday, fyi).

The un-fairness of it all that culminated in that duty is unspeakable but ... i'm whining.

Was complaining to dad on the way home and he told me something that is nonetheless true:
"This is the army ... what is fairness? You think life is always guaranteed fair? (then he pointed to some Bangladeshis dozing off on the back of a truck) Is life fair to them? (he lowered his voice) You can say that they were born in the wrong country. Nothing is fair."

That struck a chord.

Okay, can't blog anymore. Got to book in. Hai ... no, can't sigh. Live life with your conscience clear, stop looking for fairness. It's not guaranteed, I guess.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: