Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trumpet: Revisiting

Vivien asked me a few weeks ago to help her find a male saxophonist / violinist who is willing to appear on TV. Oh well, the search was hard. All the ppl I know either not very close with them or don't wanna appear on TV =x

But in the end, she asked the producers and they said "trumpet also can". Like -_-!!

So yeah, next saturday, I'm tentatively going for a recording for Channel 8's Chuang Ye Wu Di Shou, where I'm gonna play a short (supposedly romantic) melody for like, a minute. It'll be at Wheelock's Place, I think.

Like what the shit. But it's kinda exciting and interesting at the same time.


That's the piece that I intend to play. "Do-u-wa" or better known as 童话 (Fairytale). Yup, and that's my beloved China-brand trumpet on top of it. =)

Wish me luck, man. I will soft-tongue and try to slur as much of the notes to make it sound mellow. I know, me not a very good trumpeteer, but I'll try. And contrary to popular belief, the trumpet doesn't go "Beh-beh-beh". Lol.

Haha. I did a recording, though. It sounded okay at best =x

Anyway, just collected my tuition pay! Yay. Giving extra tuition 'cos Ryan's exam is on the following two weeks. That'd be an extra $75 in my pocket. Hee.

Already bought for myself this black Zinc bag. Don't worry. There's no FLASHY zinc logo at the front. So it doesn't look so LC. =x

A little advertisement:
NUS SYMPHONIC BAND CONCERT @ UCC next Saturday, 27 Oct, 7:30pm.
SMS me if you wanna go. Or directly SMS tess, lah.

P.S. I'm still worried if I have appendicitis. The feeling sucks. I hope it's just a bout of indigestion. Urgh.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: