Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Utterubbish!!

There's too many photos!! I haven't completed the uploading of the photos from my Thailand trip and now I'm here uploading the pics I took from the Utterubbish exhibition I went with Geraldine and Yeewen last sunday.

But what the heck, the pictures we took were damn stupid and funny, so I guess it's worth uploading as well. Anw, I've got MC for tomorrow 'cos of my 2 big ulcers on my lip. Eating and laughing has now become a chore =X

The exhibition was quirky and insightful - mainly focuses on using recycled materials as exhibits. But it's very interesting. (Koped a bit of free stuff too - but gera and yw koped more than me) *Shakes head* Those two s'porean aunties =P

Me squatting beside a pile of (artistic) trash.

I don't know what they're so happy about. It's utterubbish!

It's teaching you to Use Less materials to save the Earth. I'm not useless k! =P


I think it's just an excuse for people to dumb rubbish on the floor.

If only you can read those words on the pictures. All of them are photos posted by bloggers, along with their comments. All of them contain the words "I feel...", which makes the hundreds of photos so special.

They are motion-sensor lights that will light-up once people are moving in the room. We had to wave our hands about insanely before quickly snapping the picture. The lights depict the Japanese cherry blossom flowers, and are made from recycled materials.

This is a makeshift cardboard toilet from Japan. You place a plastic bag over the cardboard, and after doing your *ah-hem* 'big business', you just wrap it up and throw it away. Ingenious? I say weird. And gross.

Don't worry; I didn't creep into the girl's toilet to take this. The sink is an exhibit, and it teaches us how to save water, and use less handsoap with the small black stopper at its neck so you won't dispense too much. Yeewen is reading about it.

The various states of the plastic bottle. Use Less.


The following are all actual usuable chairs that are recycled from everyday items!
Made from a bathtub...

Made with newspaper...

Inspired by a sheep... baaa...

Made from wooden cardboards. Oh man, I think this is a nice photo =P

I know this chair made of wiremesh isn't that appealing, but geraldine could at least shown some interest right... ok I asked her to do that. haha =P

The legs are made from tree trunks. Another good photo. Oh man, I should volunteer to photograph for Ikea....

This is such a surreal photo! Can you spot geraldine with the long-brown scarf? She seemed to blend in right? She's hidden under the orange cone =P

These lamps are made from bottle caps. Damn pretty right?

Not the girls. The trash bins...

The cushions are fitted with black shirts. Doesn't it look freaky?

The letter-boxes is a wallpaper, but the Pizza Hut leaflet is real! Tells you to stop printing so much leaflets that are a waste of paper and put a strain on the environment..

Geraldine trying to be cheeky. I've no idea what the poster means; it was just a great photo opportunity

The stick-man means that it is up to us to save the world from environmental destruction. For the three of us, it just means taking stupid photos.

The boxing bag is made of recycled paper. If you're wondering why I look so retarded on the left... it's because yeewen accidentally captured that shot while gera flung one bag at me. Inspiring? Embarrassing.

HAHAHA.

Christmas came early in the form of three weird elves.


This is the last photo I'm uploading. It's a scary reminder for us to save our environment. Look carefully in that picture and you can see the fierce face of a man embedded in the cow's body. Talk about freaky.

Okay, that's all for today. It's already 215am. And my ulcer is feeling better, although it still looks gross. =X

Happy Hari Raya Haji.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: