Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blacks are Groovin'

Well, I don't know if my previous post's story was sad or what, it's just a little story. Thanks to those who've read and gave comments =) wenjie, thanks for your advice on the 'chinese' part. Will consult you next time if I've to put in chinese words into my stories haha. And, er, emily, I still don't know who you are. Shrugs.

Anyway, today was quite sian. Went out to get new specs (not ready yet). It's WHITE. Don't know if it'll turn out ok. Bought a $16 shirt from Fox, too.

Back to main topic. I know some of you found my previous posts on song recommendations quite helpful. (JingWei totally fell in love with The Prayer, haha) So here I am again, with current good songs that I think you should learn about ;)

Firstly, I've to say, majority are music from african-americans. It proves they really make good stuff =)

#1 Low - Flo Rida ft T-Pain (from the soundtrack of the upcoming Step Up 2: The Streets)

It's still no.1 in the US and there's a reason why. It's catchy and bangin'. =P
I give it WOOOOW (4.0/5)

#2 Feedback - Janet Jackson

She can no longer capture her past magic after nipplegate, i guess =x But this song is really solid and raw. I like it.
I give it WOOOOW (4.0/5)

#3 With You - Chris Brown

He and Ne-Yo love making sticky love songs. This one is really good, actually.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)


Now for the Non-Blacks...

#1 Piece of Me - Britney Spears

Yes, I know. She still has some trouble with the media... but really, this song came out at the perfect time. Pay attention to the lyrics. Genius. This record is as hot as Gimme More, but this vid is hotter.
I give it WOOOOW (4.0/5)

#2 If I Had Eyes - Jack Johnson

His first album was one of the best I've bought. This single is ok only. But not without his signature feel-good music.
I give it WOOOW (3.0/5)

#3 Teardrops on My Guitar - Taylor Swift

Time to slow down. This song is a massive hit in the US becuse of MySpace. It's saccharine and pleasant enough for me to recommend it. She's an up and coming country singer, btw.
I give it WOOOW (3.0/5)


- NEW & UNRELEASED! -

Ok, ok. It's released in some countries already, but not in Singapore. But, as a lot of ppl know I'm a fan, =P I just have to feature this.

The hot new song by Mariah Carey!
Her new album, initially entitled
That Chick is now E=MC² (i'm not kidding) Will be released worldwide coming April.

Wahaha. She's a half-black, btw.

Touch My Body - Mariah Carey (duh)

It's really a sensual song, so don't have those crazy high-octave belting at the back. But it's like We Belong Together. Slow and nice. Not very strong first single, though. But that's always the case. It grows on you.
I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)

And...

...from the movie Juno. This romantic and quirky duet can be appreciated only for those who've watched the show. Or maybe not.

Anyone Else But You - Michael Cera and Ellen Page

I give it WOOOoW (3.5/5)
~
There you go. Hope you like at least one of 'em. Lol.

Promoting to CPL by March. My permanent rank till I ORD and ROD le. *Looks at ORD countdown* Whoa... can't wait.

Got my marksman score at range! But it's a reshoot. Hurhur. But still. =P

Slacking tonight.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: