Sunday, February 17, 2008

Jam-Packed

It does seem to be a jam-packed week after CNY. Unit was busy preparing for COC, which left me chao-tah now. Watched two great, great movies (Sweeney Todd and Juno), which I'm gonna review later.

Our battery went to BSM's house on wednesday. He was banker when we played BlackJack. Damn sian, he won our money =X

But things relatively slowed down on Thursday. Valentine's Day. =T

Friday night chiong-ed down to Bishan in a cab to Kenneth's house. Only wenjie and I turned up for the GYPSies. Oh well. Learned how to play with "飞" as a joker in mahjong with Ken's aunties and his mum's colleagues. Quite fun.

Saturday: The $50 that kept my Saturday free was well-spent (shhh). Met Elicia, Eugene, Roxane, Mingming and Nori (hope I got this right) for a movie at PS (again!!).


Film: Juno
Rated: NC16
I give it WoooooW (4.5/5)

Gist:
Girl is knocked-up by teenage guy. Decides to put the baby up for adoption. She goes through a journey of love - lost, and found.
Plus:
Good, funny script. Wonderfully acted and the story is original and touching. Ellen Page deserves her Best Actress (Oscar) nomination as the titular Juno.
Flaws:
Nothing much, really. Accept that a few characters (i.e., Jennifer Garner as a woman who despearately yearns for a child) are quite sketchy and distant.
Last Say:
Sweet and hilarious at the same time. A true feel-good dramedy.


After the movie we went to play boardgames at Mind Cafe (Prinsep branch).


Elicia and Roxane concentrating hard on hooking the monkies =P

We played the monkeys game, Taboo (i didnt get zero this time!), some card game like Heart Attack which involves pieces of bones, shoot the duck, and another game that requires players to mimic hand actions on a card. Had a lot of fun =) Shall go back again some time, hehe.


Since one of my cousins watched it, and one of my friends watched it, I thought there would be no one ("no one, no one, no one....." sorry, random alicia keys song) to accompany me to watch, so I watched Sweeney Todd online the other day =X In the end zhiwen wanted to watch too. Oh well. Here's my review:


Film: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Rated: M18
I give it WooooW (4.0/5)

Final Say:
Tim Burton has created yet another macabre, gothic but oh-so-delicious film. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter's odd-ball musical numbers are a delight to watch. In my opinion, the ending was too predictable for my liking, though.


Upcoming movies that I'll be watching:

The Dark Knight

I hope they explore more on the beginnings of joker. But it looks cool enough!

Meet The Spartans

There are so many people who said this movie sucked (in the US). But the Britney "goo goo gah gah" part is freakin' hilarious. Let's see if this is as bad as Epic Movie (i suspect)


~
Ok, it's 0230 already. It's book-in day =X

Take care, peeps!

No comments: