Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'll Stand By You

Followed dad to car showroom on saturday. Initially he wanted to show us the Honda Odyssey and Honda Jazz. However, me and bro totally changed his mind. After test-driving Honda CRV and Honda Stream, our new car is born......

The HONDA CR-V!

Yeah, it's smooth and rugged. I sat at the driver's seat to get the 'feel'. It feels snug and alright. Great =) Can't wait to drive it! =P Colour will be 'Green Tea'. Sounds cheesy? But the colour is maintenance free and it looks damn chio.

Watched The Forbidden Kingdom with my family (it's such a family-film) @ FilmGarde @ Kallang Leisure Park. The cinema is surprisingly good. Just like a normal Cathay or GV theatre.





It's a surprisingly good Hollywood film that's (loosely) based on the Chinese story of Journey To The West.

Those that've eagerly anticipated to see Jet Li and Jackie Chan spar in the same movie, you'll NOT be disappointed. The martial arts choreography is helmed by the legendary Yuen Woo Ping (卧虎藏龙 and Matrix trilogy) are realised by the two fantastic actors in many scenes.

Liu Yi Fei (last seen in Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle as a mute) is scene-stealing beautiful as the avenging Sparrow plus Li Bing Bing as a white-haired witch round off the largely Chinese cast that makes this show credible to watch.

Michael Angarano (Sky High) is the awkward American lead who does a competent job here. However, it's the English-speaking that cripples this movie.

FINAL SAY: Weak script and dialogue but nevertheless a very enjoyable movie that's worth the wait for Jet and Jackie. The kung fu alone will please everyone.
~

Take just 3 minutes of your life to watch this video.

Carrie Underwood's I'll Stand By You on Idol Gives Back, American Idol's annual charity show.












~

Went to check out Haji Lane (near Arab St next to Bugis). They have this array of shops by local designers. The stuff there is real cool! I bought this brown berm there @ $30. Was on discount. Next month get pay i'm definitely going back there again =P



Exterior of the shop where I bought my berms.

The interior of the shop. K, I took this secretly, so quite a bad pic.

That's the brown berms. The top is from 77th Street. I now have 77th Street discount card. If you want to buy anything from there, tell me! Got 10% discount.

And, some random pics...

~

Okay, got to bathe and book in liao.

Take care, peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.