Sunday, May 25, 2008

THE BIG 2-0

So I hit the digit '2'.. and turned 20 today =) Ate a total of 5 cakes.

Wilson is grateful and these are the reasons why:

1) 'Celebrated' with army friends: Samuel (birthday boy also), Colin, Yong Qin and Bobo with movie (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Cystle Skull - review later) @ Junction 8 on friday night. It was so fun crapping with those guys. Gonna miss them when they ORD!

2) Celebrated with family at Marina Square's Jack's Place.

Want to thank my parents for these presents:

#1 Creative Travelsound. Yay, now I can play music anywhere I play mahjong without having to lug my big laptop around.

#2 Creative Noise Isolation In-Ear Earpiece. Yay, now I can listen to music on the train without having to increase the volume in the tunnel.

#3 Bagman Pouch. Yay, protects my new earpiece.

Dinner at Jack's Place (always my family's favourite) is delicious as usual. We love escargots. This is my juicy, tender ribeye steak topped with warm mushroom sauce:

And.. the FIRST of five cakes...


After the sumptuous dinner we went to check out the Singapore Flyer (look-see-look-see only. Never seat)

But I managed to take some great photos!


A cabin rotating into the shopping centre:

And my favourite picture of the night goes to....
Chio right!? Thank you.. thank you..
~

3) Celebrated with Lamerz: (minus serkun, pj and gera) they came over at 11pm for a stayover.

Szern suddenly barged into my room with two UNLIT candles on a birthday cake and said "Happy birthday." How abrupt can that get!?

Lol. Apparently, fungi and szern can't find the lighter in my kitchen so I had to find it in the end. So we did all the birthday-singing, cake-cutting ON MY BED. Well, there's always a first time I guess.

Those are real candles burning on my bed!!

My 2nd of five cakes. Looks gross right. They insisted on taking a photo of that lump of chocolate on the top.

Then we watched The Mist (dammit, it's the 2nd time I'm watching and I still think it's terrifying). Glad they enjoyed it, although, being Lamerz, we cracked many jokes, namely one with taping the mouth and a particular ah gong and ah ma.

When the movie ended, we saw this at 3am:

It's this damn old TCS Channel 8 drama called 阎罗传奇. And that picture of Chen Han Wei just cracked us up 'cos in secondary school our beloved Chen Yee Wen looked a bit like him =x

Then we played mahjong and I kept winning! But never play $ -.- We lamed and crapped all through to dawn, with me kena 'blanket party' for dunno how many times.

They left at 6am, with me totally exhausted. I slept till 1130 before leaving for Vivo City to meet..
~

4) Celebrated with JC clique @ Vivo City.

Had lunch at some HK restaurant. Lazy to say, but here are the photos + comments. Erm, ONE PHOTO is rated NC16

The 3rd, 4th and 5th of five cakes i had..



四大帅哥...


And here are the presents from them:
Unique Billabong Wallet. Really like the design =)

Vivien's sweet letter & weilong's cool sanscript charm which he got from the temple. I really appreciate it, dude.

And, last but not least...
Guys, I'm 20, not 21 leh! I hate to admit, though, it fits perfectly =xx
~

Ending on that high note, this is my short review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
I give the film:



FINAL SAY: The traditional absurdity of the beloved Steven Spielberg franchise is stretched to the limits here. But without a doubt, it's well-filmed (damn spectacular effects) and fun old-school stuff that keeps this decades-old series alive. Cate Blanchett officially steals the show.
~

Took off tomorrow to rest. Damn tireddddd.

To everyone who has wished me in one way or another, I would like to THANK YOU. Seriously, I appreciate it =))

Take care, peeps!

No comments: