Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 Weeks'

Wow, been so busy till I don't have the time to update last week's post. So.. shall start from there:

Last Week:

Went to celebrate Father's Day with a few relatives, cousins, @ Wild Wild Wet. Been a long time since I've been there and I'm surprised I still had fun (at my age). Here are some photos of my little cousins:

Wild Wild Wet was promoting the new Olympus shock-proof and water-proof camera.

I got to rent it for free for 30mins. (Yes, szern, you have this) It's freakin' cool! Can even record vids underwater. Thinking of changing camera now, heh heh.

Anybody wants to buy my Nikon 6 Megapixel digi cam (pictured above)?? Still in very good condition. Price extremely negotiable =)

Anyway, celebrated Mum's birthday at Old Airport Road, enjoying crabs and stingray for dinner.

~

Sunday standard: Yt, by and wl came over for mahjong. The end. Haha.
~

Yup, that was all for last week.

This week:

I watched three movies. One really, really bad. One really, really funny. And the last one, surprisingly bad. =x

Firstly, Kung Fu Dunk (功夫灌篮)
I give this film:


I want to apologize to all Jay Chou fans first - this is really one of the worst movies I've ever watched. Bad acting (Jay himself) and extremely bad and pointless script - this makes Secret look like an Oscar Best Picture. This movie is neither funny nor engaging and is filled with detestable characters. None of them are fully-developed - even Jay Chou's main role is left sketchy, and his relationship with his long-lost parents uninspiring to say the least.

What a gigantic waste of talents for this show as well. We all know Jay Chou is incredibly talented but I really don't think he should act. Charlene Choi's role is incredibly useless (their love story is explained in 5 seconds at the end of the show) and oh-my-god, poor Zheng Zhi Wei, for having to endure this movie, considering he's such a respectable veteran (but to his credit, he did a fairly good job with this lousy part he had).

FINAL SAY: I really admire and support Jay Chou as a singer (I buy his albums). He's definitely one of the most talented chaps of our generation (singing, song-writing, directing, and, er, acting) but this is definitely not one of his best efforts. Thank goodness he still produces very good music.
~

The next movie, Get Smart.

I give the film:



FINAL SAY: The super-gorgeous Anne Hathaway + The super-funny Steve Carell = The Funniest Movie This Year so far. (Yup, this has surpassed What Happens In Vegas). A remake of the classic TV series, Get Smart will get you laughing all the way out of the theatres. The jokes and gags here just keep coming. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson can really carve a successful career in Hollywood after this movie. Highly-recommended!
~

Coincidentally, me and my army buddy were very excited about the two movies above. So when we finally sat down and watched Kung Fu Dunk in our bunk, we thought we were in for a good time. However, after awhile, er, let's just say I finally get the meaning of.. 看不下去.

Then we were very excited about Get Smart (both of us are fans of Anne Hathaway - who isn't???) long before it was released and boy were we in for a surprise. Don't believe the reviews in the papers. Go watch it. You'll like it!
~

The last movie is You Don't Mess With The Zohan
I give the film:



A crass, tasteless (severe understatement) comedy that is as surprisingly bad as Get Smart is surprisingly good. His brand of sexual vulgarity is actually quite revolting. I am officially not a fan of Adam Sandler's comedies, given that 50 First Dates is the only decent (albeit very mediocre) film he has made. And seriously, what the hell is Mariah Carey doing in this mess? It's shameless to say the least.

FINAL SAY: Get Smart is still the best comedy of the season so far, with Kung Fu Panda being a close-second. You Don't Mess With the Zohan? - Filmcritic.com got it right: "You don't laugh with the Zohan, too, apparently."
~

Yup, Lamerz (me, fungi, sze, sk and zw) had to endure a whole 2-hour of that Zohan-crap at 0140 in the morning till 0300. Goodness, there goes my $10.

Anyway, thanks to zw for getting us these presents from his HK trip. The guys got a wrist-thing of sorts, and the girls got this glowing yupathingy that is actually quite cute (fungi, just accept that robot lah). =p
~

And... I've been itching to buy this album for so long.

Yoga 林宥嘉's <<神秘嘉宾>>.
BUT, i've not bought it yet. 'Cos I want to wait for a 庆功改版, then there'll probably be bonus DVD or MV, which will make the buy more worth-it.

He's a fantastic singer with an attitude and his songs are great. Shall talk more about it in another post with other 超级星光大道-related stuff =p
~

Whoa.. got Basic Theory Test @ SSDC tomorrow. *Keeping fingers crossed* Hope my lessons during Class 3 Military Driving course can still serve me well =x

Take care, peeps!

No comments: