Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dessert Treats

First things first, I've got my Silver for my second-year IPPT! Which means $100! Which means... treating my friends -.- Haha.

Ya, I've spent like 30% of it on treating people - strangely, all on desserts.

Wednesday night met up with jm to go haji lane to get a present. But before that, treated her with MOF dessert.

I've been there 3 or 4 times but i still can't get enough of the desserts (forget about the ala carte, seriously). I don't understand how can a person who's so tam jiak (her mother's words) not know about MOF desserts, but in the end she was impressed. We ordered the green tea ice cream with fried-warm sweet potato (heavenly!!) and she insisted on a strawberry gelato. So yup, $13.30, quite cheap for a sweet treat =)

Haji Lane was disappointing (for her first time there; mine second) but since it was already 9+ pm, it's inevitable that so many shops were closed. But we did see some interesting vintage stuff @ a shop:

The original Ocean's 11 movie poster starring Frank Sinatra!

This could well be Miss Ho Poh Fun's wardrobe (only NJ - and a few RJ - students can understand this).

I wonder if it's still working..

In the end we didn't get the present. Both of us were damn tired, but thank goodness her work starts at 11pm the next day and I have battalion off for thursday and friday. Yay.
~

The next dessert treat would probably be with Fungi, Yeewen and Zhiwei. But before that, we (minus zw) met for dinner at 文东记 @ Bukit Timah. Here's the delectable spread:

Home-made (from L-R) barley, lime, barley.

The sumptuous chicken with our pyramid-shaped rice (i ate 2 plates). Yumm.

Yeewen recommended this fried beancurd with mayo. 外脆内软... sedap!

Okay all this talking about food just gets me hungrier. Later, we met zw for dessert @ Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie (whoa, that was a mouthful). Jm works there and she keeps raving about the desserts so we have to try. My treat again -.-


And this is the highly-recommended best-seller Le Royale. It's damn delicious. Quite the perfect dessert. $7.

After which we went to Cine-Max to rent a room and catch a movie (thai horror flick Alone). Standard horror with standard twist. Then we (minus yw) went for a drink at Heeren's The Balcony bar.

I don't really drink well, so one cup of vodka (Caiprioski) was enough for me.
~

Caught two movies over the weekend. Here are my reviews. I bet some people are just gonna scroll through =p

I give the film:



IN A FEW WORDS... Prince Caspian is utterly useless in this movie (they should just call it Chronicles of Narnia: Part 2) but overall, it's surprisingly humorous and well-filmed. You'll fall in love with the beautiful landscapes... and that's about it.
~

Next up, Kung Fu Panda
I give the film:



IN A PARAGRAPH... Anything branded with the name Jack Black and you know it's going to be good. Plus Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Lucy Liu, Jackie Chan... needless to say, Kung Fu Panda doesn't disappoint. It's laugh-every-minute good fun - this is probably DreamWorks' best since Shrek (the first one, not the other two mediocres). You'll not regret watching this =)
~

Been watching 超级星光大道 3 recently and I must say I'm hooked! There are two Singaporeans who've made it into the TOP10, namely 黄靖伦 and Sugianto. Share their videos next time. They're making us proud, woohoo!

Take care, peeps!

No comments: