Sunday, August 10, 2008

(MY) PRIDE!

This post has 3 parts and it's all about the word: PRIDE.
~

PART 1:
Firstly, hands-up those who missed the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony? You OUGHT TO BE SHOT!!

Directed by acclaimed Chinese director Zhang Yimou, there's only one way to describe it: Epic, Majestic and Stunningly Beautiful. One word: WOW.

Here's what you missed, damn it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDY1Ha83M8

Being the most expensive Olympics ever made (US$60 Billion), watching the astounding opening ceremony will make you feel the pride that you're a Chinese. Good job, Beijing!!
~

Part 2:
Watched the NDP Parade 08 (s'pore's pride) @ my grandma's house - it's a family tradition. However, this year, I was playing mahjong while watching. Mwahaha. After watching Beijing's Ceremony, S'pore's one seemed like, er, child's play.

Those are the smoke-streaks from the jets that flew past. My grandma stays on the 19th floor @ Toa Payoh, that's why I can see it.

Those are actually the fireworks. Damn puny right. It was too far away.

And this is my cousin, Russell, playing bowling on the Wii. It's actually very fun!


~

Part 3:
Went to the Botanic Gardens with Kim on sunday for a photography trip. Actually it's just him wanting to try out his newly-purchased Olympus DSLR and I wanted to play with it. But in the end, I was too caught up trying to take my own pictures.

These are pictures from my own (comparitively lousy) $250 Nikon point-and-shoot digicam, and I'm proud of them!

Creating depth of field: blur, sharp, blur. Can you see the ant? Zoooom in...

Ta-dah! The ant's backside =x

Taking a photo of a person taking a photo of a wedding couple.

Lily - complete with water droplets on the petals.

SOC low-rope =x

Bird of Paradise - with the Symphony Stage at the background.

Pardon me, artistic black-and-white shot.

I don't know the name but it's a common and beautiful flower.

Malaysia's national flower, the hibiscus.

Some strange red mini dragonfly. Taking this insect up-close made me perspire like mad. But it was worth it.

Day moon.

And.. here comes two of the BEST PICTURES I've taken so far in my life:


I'm DAMN PROUD of these two pics!!

All those photographs above really pushed the limits of my small and relatively low-end digi-cam. Which makes me seriously consider a DSLR now.. but it's going to set me back at least $2000. Been hearing a lot of recommendations already.. still going to check it out at the upcoming IT show =))
~

Baoyuan, hannah and zirong came over for mahjong on monday. Went to catch The Love Guru with them. It's surprisingly funny!

I give the movie:



Mike Myers' comedy is funnier than Adam Sandler's. This guru owns Zohan, I tell you. I've never laughed so hard in the theatres since Get Smart, and it's a good thing. His brand of wordplay (BIBLE = Basic Information Before Leaving Earth) is hilarious; Justin Timberlake hams it up effectively as a guy with er, huge package; and Jessica Alba never looked lovelier.
FINAL SAY: Really, really funny, although it's decidedly stupid and crass. But it's not as bad as Zohan. Give this Guru a chance.
~

And one last thing before I forget...

The second teaser!

=P

Take care, peeps!

No comments: