Sunday, July 29, 2007

A 'Knocked-Up' and 'Lame' Saturday

(P.S. I'm still drafting my Deathly Hallows review. Promise it'll be gd!)


Saturday was fun. Went for morning movie with zhiwen at vivo city ... pity didn't have time to walk around. So long never jalan jalan at vivo le ... but anyway, we managed to catch a great movie : Knocked-Up ! And after the movie, went over to zhiwei's house. Lamerz had a really surprising birthday celebration for me ... haha, pleasantly surprised =)



But first, a short review of Knocked-Up.




I give the movie : W o o o o W (3.5/5)


The movie stars Grey's Anatomy actress, the oh-so-hot Katherine Heigl and the not-so-hot Seth Rogen.



Short Synopsis: Fat "single+broke" bloke meets hot "up-and-rising-reporter" girl in pub, and due to a "contraceptive mishap", the girl gets knocked-up, and the rest, they say, is history.


My Comments: This is a really crude but hilarious movie. It is M18, so don't expect it to be squeeky-clean and polite. The movie is peppered very occasionally with nude women and the dialogue is filled with F's (if you know what I mean), but what the heck, it is reminiscent of the Army but MINUS the nudity, of course.


Besides being very very funny (because the scenarios are so true), it is also surprisingly touching and affecting, which will appeal to the female audience (which is probably why this movie has become a sleeper-hit in the US). The supporting cast are strong in their own rights: Katherine's sister is an extremely uptight and crazy bitch while her husband (if you remember him as Phoebe's boyfriend in Friends), is perfect as the hen-pecked trying-to-get-a-life man in her life. Their two little daughters are delightfully quirky, and it all adds up to a mad-packed delivery climax that promises to 'deliver' the laughs.


Go catch it if you're mature enough =)



After the movie, I made my way over to zhiwei's condo to play mahjong with zhiwei, fungi and yeewen, while waiting for the rest to come. Initially, I went thinking that it would be a celebration of Yw's birthday. But yup, being Lamerz Inc, surprises were in store.


When they turned off the lights, I still casually pretended for the sake of Yw. I mentioned: "Whoa, black-out ah?" Little do I know, when I stood up, they were standing there with a birthday cake and one-lighted candle, singing the birthday song.


What can I do? Just smile in surprise lor ... 'cause I really was surprised. I mean, my birthday was in May =D Wahaha, but still glad that they celebrated. Next one would be Yw's I guess ... maybe in September. LOL


We cut the cake and ate while the girls presented peijun this photo album of hilarious photos. All the 'black pages' were supposed to be me. Neat little joke. =P Then they showed this very noisy video of the process of making the album. Can't hear a thing. Just a lot of screaming as usual =P


Finally they presented my present. It was this really cool model ship made of little wooden pieces. Fungi took the trouble to paint it black so that it would 'resemble' The Black Pearl. Get it? Haha, it is now proudly displayed in my glass cabinet. Together with my Strike Freedom and Nike Transformers. Hee.


Once again, thanks guys! Can't be grateful enough. =))


Well, next post shall be my review of the last Potter book. Till then ... I'll be in Tekong. Sucks to be me.

No comments: