Tuesday, July 24, 2007

PRELUDE to a Review

The first thing I'll say is : I'VE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK, therefore NO SPOILERS AHEAD.
The next thing, well, is that I've reached chapter 20+, and I finally got to know what-the-heck is the Deathly Hallows. But of course, I shall not reveal it.
I'm now in camp (I won't say over here why I have internet access), far far away from ppl outside who have finished the book, or who already know who is killed in the book. Urgh, it's been hell trying to live in secrecy myself. I've been telling my friends (esp Szern) not to mention anything about the fate of characters in the book, because I want to enjoy it fully. I also resorted to skipping one whole page of a newspaper as long as I see anything written about the seventh book. Not easy lor, when so many in camp are itching to tell me 'bout it.

Anyway, those who have the book would know what the symbol above represents. Of course, again, I shall not disclose what it really means, although it appeared on that orange-paper-bag which comes along with the book purchase (see previous entry).

The reason why I put the symbol there is simple: it just proves what a freaking-good book Deathly Hallows is. I'm sure some of you must've read the glowing reviews by critics; and I've to say I'm not surprised. From what I've read so far (chap20+), it has been a hell-of-a-ride. The plot takes a very exciting twist when light is finally thrown on the symbol above, and I really can't help but marvel at what a fantastic writer Rowling is.

It is obvious she planned the last book ever since Book 1. The intricate plot speaks for itself.

The more I read, the more I want to flip to the back and just read the Nineteen Years Later chapter. But for now, I'll just have to read it patiently, although the story is getting mindblowingly kan-cheong.

This is just a prelude to the review I intend to write after I finish the book. For those who don't bother reading the entire volume (but want to know what the hell is going on) you can look forward to a comprehensive review ;)

Sigh. Maybe I'm just really sad that the series is coming to an end.

Good luck, Harry (and friends)! =x




No comments: