Sunday, August 19, 2007

Air-Bourne and Sleepless

Whew, quite an eventful weekend.

On Friday morning, my unit went to East Coast Park for the Singapore Bay Run cum Army Half-Marathon (AHM) trial-run. Yup, I ran 15km. Longest I've ran in my life. It was okayy. Tiring? You bet it was. Fortunately Uncle David drove me there in his taxi ( The Platinum Ride ) so I don't have to wake up so early (We reported at 7am). Saw Kang Yu there, too. He was running with his unit.


This is the route of the AHM we are running this Sunday, 26 Aug. Yup, 21KM in total. Will run pass Chinatown and indoor stadium. But I'm only running 12km since I'm a first year soldier. This marathon is open to the public. But don't bother joining lah. There are better ways to lose weight, seriously.

Went to watch a movie with zhiwen at vivo again on friday night. The Bourne Ultimatum featuring Matt Damon. I was blown away. Here's my short review:

I give the movie W o o o o o W (4.5/5)


( I did this montage by myself! Pity it's a little small.
Synopsis: Jason Bourne (the perfectly cast Matt Damon, reprising his role) is on his final journey to regain his memory. Viewing him as a threat, the CIA is tracking him down, mainly because of the surfacing of a new black-ops evolvement called the Blackbriar. What follows is an exciting global chase that reunites him with Nicky Parsons (a sadly under-used Julia Stiles), pits him against power-hungry CIA officer Noah Vosen (David Strathairn, playing the typical villian man-on-top), and seeing him form an unusual but not unexpected alliance with Deputy Director Pamela Landy (a competent Joan Allen).
Plus Points: Ultimatum strikes you as a shockingly clever and excellent action thriller. I can't remember when was the last time I was feeling at the edge of my seat in the cinema. Paul Greengrass is officially my favourite director at the moment. His edgy camera work was the pulse that propelled the film forward. If you have the chance, go watch his previous offering, United 93. (Click HERE to find out more.) It's really the best film of 2006. I have the DVD.
Ok, I'm digressing, hee. Ultimatum provides its audience with fantastic brains and brawn, all thanks to Matt Damon, of course. The twists in the plot are thrilling and fun and the action sequences are mindblowing to say the least. A particular car chase will probably be the best one you'll witness this year, and the close-combat fights are so raw it made
me think: "Now that's what I call fighting."
Flaws: There really isn't much to complain. Just one thing, though. Julia Stiles was so under-used! She has style lor. I like her =P If her character had more depth (as of Joan Allen's character), I would no doubt have given the film a 5.0 rating.
Final Say: Ultimatum is ultimately one helluva fantastic and enjoyable movie. Trust me, there's no problem getting the plot even if you haven't watched the previous two. Just read my review and you're ready for the ride. Wahaha. -_- =P
I met Lamerz on Sunday to catch the FIREWORKS FESTIVAL (it was the last day) and celebrate Yeewen's birthday. Went for dinner at New York New York then we proceeded (in a hurry, again) to a site that we thought would be ideal for the fireworks viewing.
Citylink was thronged with gazillions of people (all catching the fireworks). When we reached the place, (beside Esplanade) there were already a lot of ppl there. Anyway, our view wasn't so good. And I'm sorry to say, I'll need to get the pictures from peijun before posting on my blog.
After that we took 171 back to my house and fungi, yw, zw and sk stayed over and we played mahjong and some very very very very very lame but very very very very very funny card games all through the night until 8am, then they left.
Booking in later at 11pm. Today is grandma's birthday. Happy birthday to you! =)
Till then, take care, peeps!

No comments: