Sunday, August 5, 2007

Eating & Rocking

Firstly, I'm just super-duper glad that I got posted OUT OF SISPEC! Yayness. Quite an emotional farewell to the people we took care of me, especially the enceks. Will miss Warrant Goh. And of course, Guan Mian, Taufiq (dude, we finally made it out), and the rest of the new OOCs. Seriously, hope you all post out soon and don't suffer the same (devastating) fate like Taufiq and I. And to Jeremy, hope we can meet up soon and talk about Harry Potter (return my 6th book) and travelling. Haha. And to the ppl that sort of made my life miserable in SISPEC, well, er, wish you all the best also lah. *Rolls eyes*
* * * * *

Well, went for mahjong session with zhiwei, fungi and yeewen again on saturday. Muahaha. Seems like a weekly routine now, isn't it? Won 10 bucks. Yeah, lost to Yw last week. Now win back ;)

On the way to zw's house jean called me and asked if I cared to join the section for dinner later at Vi'lage. I agreed, since it's been such a loooong time, although I was totally not dressed for town. Anyway, was really fun meeting all of them again and catching up. Joe still as crappy as ever; Julian still as photographic as ever; Jean still as make-funable as ever; Lynna and Sheryl, well, still the same, sweet ppl.

(Photo courtesy of Lynna) See? I look so lao beh in t-shirt and shorts right? Jean should have called me earlier!!

Anyway, during dinner we were discussing where to go. Jean suggested watching HP5; but it was promptly rejected since the whole world watched it already (went to watch today with my bro again -_-). Simpsons movie some of us also watched before already. Then we nearly settled on watching Alone but Jean lamented that she would be going home alone later, so, rejected as well. (See, it's all about Jean) =P

So, decided by Julian, we went to Baybeats 2007 @ the Esplanade. To be honest, I've never been to any music festival before. And yup, it was an eye-opener. (O.O)

Went over to the 'American' side and witnessed a Jason Mraz-style singing by this guy whom I've not heard of.

(Photo courtesy of Julian) Yeah, he was a good singer.

But Julian suggested that we went over to the 'Swedish' side, where it was more happenin'. So, okay, we made our way there

I took this photo on the way. Nice right? The Singapore skyline would change dramatically once the IR is up.

Random photo. That was before the rocking started.

Then it started. Wow. I think they must've been a famous rock band because when they came on stage, the crowd practically went bonkers. When they started jamming, the ppl around started jumping around and going totally mad. The body surfing started and ppl were shoved here and there.

(Photo courtesy of Julian) Yes, that is a person's leg you see up in the air.


(Photo courtesy of Julian) Everyone's having a good time.

Security guards stepped in to control some of the more violent ones. There was some beating going on. Ppl were emerging from the crowds, perspiring as if they just had a shower and forgot to dry themselves.

But I guess this kinda music is best enjoyed 'Live'. I found myself bobbing idiotically to the beat. Me, Joe, Jean and Lynna were standing at the back while Julian was in the heat of the action, being jostled about, trying to capture the best shots.

But he did well, didn't he? The photos turned out fantastic. Kudos!


(Photo courtesy of Julian) Rock On!!
Went home late that night, shaken and stirred. Haha.
I spend Sunday morning sleeping in. Afternoon I was writing. Evening I accompanied my brother to watch HP5; since he had wanted to watched it long ago. Yes, me second time watching. But still enjoyed it.
For those who can't get enough of Potter, refer to my previous post.
Okay, shall turn in. Tomorrow shall be my first day in Khatib Camp. Wish me Luck!

No comments: