Friday, August 10, 2007

angryFUNsecret

I know ... people say we shouldn't sigh ... but here's one that just have to come -


* SIGH *

(Oh, just nice 幸福的距离 by 刘耕宏 is playing on my playlist now, making me more emo than ever.)

I thought ... I really thought that it would be exciting to go to a new camp ... meet new ppl ... enjoy a better life than what I endured through SISPEC (ooc) ... and guess what?

IT'S ALL WRONG.

My family has heard enough. My friends have heard enough.

Because of some retarded person in my unit who've decided to crash through a garage door, now everyone in the unit has to do a 24-hr sentry just because the garage door can't close.

And guess what? Another new signaller and I got arrowed to do the duty for national day eve to national day morning, and also on the preceding Saturday to Sunday morning. Sucks right? FOR SOMETHING THAT'S NOT OUR FAULT TO BEGIN WITH.

But oh well, my father and uncle reassured me, sorta. "That's the army afterall." Can't agree enough. F-ed Up.

It isn't helping that I can't seem to fit in with the unit people, all of whom have arrived before me and the new signaller came. Urghhh. Going crazy.

However, on a lighter note, at least I got to have a bit of fun on National Day itself. Though I was deadbeat after my sentry the night before, I still went over to zhiwei's house for mahjong with the same ppl. This time I arrived late and serkun, fungi, yeewen and zw were already playing.

(photo courtesy of Fungi. Sk with his act-cool glassless specs =P)
Later in the evening, we decided to make our way to Marina Bay to catch the NDP FIREWORKS. We camped at the open patch beside the war memorial.

(photo courtesy of me. This was the best shot. The rest were really bad)

The fireworks began and it was then that we realised how DISASTROUS the location was. The fireworks was 50% obscured by some building and halfway through the show, the smoke was blowing towards our direction, blocking almost all of the fireworks, save for a few pathetic sparks we could actually see. =P Was a funny experience though. Learnt our lesson!! =

Before my duty on Saturday, I got to hang out a bit with my cousins during Ryan's birthday celebration. Played mahjong with Eugene, Elicia and Roxane for like, half an hour before we made our way to AMKhub to watch Jay Chou's directional debut - Secret a.k.a 不能說的秘密.
Here's a short review (I won't reveal the secret lah, don't worry):

(photo taken from http://www.karazen.com/images/reviews/movie/Secret/005.jpg)

I give the movie W o o o W (3.0/5)

I would've given the movie 2.5/5 if not for the impressive, jaw-dropping piano-playing sequence in the middle of the show. But still, it's essentially a movie, not an MTV.

Short Synopsis: Jay (played by Jay, wow how inspiring) is a new student at this very old music school and he meets this mysterious girl, 小雨. After a brief courtship, she disappears and Jay discovers ... well, he discovers her secret. Suffice to say, it has something to do with a very old piano, a very old score, and some ... okay, that's enough. =P

Plus Points: Although you can see the twist in the middle coming from a mile away, it isn't just a conventional Sixth Sense twist. There's more to the plot than meets the eye. The way the story develops in the middle after the secret is revealed is very interesting and I dare-say, gripping.

Lead actress 桂纶镁 (Gui Lun Mei) 's acting is convincing and I personally think she's cool ;) Anthony Wong yet again plays father to Jay Chou (previously on Initial D) and he provides the best comic relief for the otherwise boring, cheesy dialogues.

Flaws: One major, major complain is the lousy, senseless ending. It leaves behind so much plot holes than you can fit a hippo through it. What makes it worse is that it was building up to a sufficiently intense climax right until the disappointing last frame. It just reminds you about how amateur the movie actually is from the start.

Last Say: The movie only picks up at the middle as it reveals a very satisfying storyline. But, please, disregard the last scene if you want to enjoy this movie.

No comments: