Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nocturnal

For the Good Friday and the weekend, I only went out after 6pm. I'm becoming nocturnal! Well, not exactly. I still sleep before day-break. Anyway, watched 2 movies this weekend. Went for my first CO (Chinese Orchestra) concert since don't know when.

Firstly, Horton (aka Horton Hears a Who!)
I give the movie:



Now I know why critics are raving about this film - simply because it's good! Really hilarious and faithful adaptation of the beloved children's book. The effects are quite fabulous (the reconstruction of Whoville alone is worth your money). The producers did the right job in hiring comic talents Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell to helm the lead characters. They're simply a hoot!

FINAL SAY: Carries some hidden messages and morals, which is interesting to explore. Overall a very enjoyable movie for everyone.
~


Secondly, Vantage Point
I give the movie:



Really interesting premise of an assasination of US president told from 8 points of view. Boasts a stellar ensemble of actors including Dennis Quaid, Sigorney Weaver and William Hurt. Throughout the movie, we're taken back to 12pm (the time of the assassination) at least 5 times, to introduce to us a different point of view to the plot. (This drew unnecessary giggles from the audience)

But what really killed the movie was how impossible the story unfolded, introducing new twists and new characters as if just for the sake of shocking the audience. Some people might think it's cool, but I think it defeats logic.

Good point in Vantage Point is that it has one of the most intense car chases caught on film since The Bourne Ultimatum (2007).

FINAL SAY: Interesting but far-fetched storyline. Average entertainment.
~

Watched Vantage Point with zirong, baoyuan and his gf. First time seeing Hannah. Thank you for going to my concert in 2006! If you guys still remember haha. Talked about Mas Selamat and baoyuan's MLM.

Hey Fungi! My friend also went Eunos for his MLM. But you didn't sign up for it right? I think there's no right or wrong. It's just that you have so much time on your hands, nothing to lose right? (I hope)
~

Went for sze's sis (aka hui ern) CO concert (swiss cottage secondary aka 瑞士村中学 - haha I like the chinese name!) @ Republic Poly Cultural Centre. This new polytechnic looks freakin' modern and nice lah!

Anyway, it's not bad. Been awhile since I've been to a CO concert. I actually enjoyed it.
But oh my gosh lah, they actually prepared 3 encore pieces!! For a concert band if they play 2 it's already considered quite thick skin. But well, they had 3. Lucky 3 were not bad.

This was their first encore piece. It was actually Jay Chou's 菊花台:







It's actually not bad =)

Some pics we took @ the concert:


Serkun, sze, sze's sis aka hui ern with the sunflower we bought for her which sze embarrassingly waved wildly at the start of the concert, and me with a fat face. Oh man, it must be SDC's nasi lemak.

Me with bloated face again.

And.. the ultimate photo of the night:
Serkun what you doing!? LOLOL.

After the concert went to Causeway's Pasta Mania to eat. Damn hungry. Thanks to the 3 encores.

Witnessed a near-fight. An ah pek was picking up a chair and trying to fling it to an ah lian in Yoshinoya. Whoa I tell you ah, if the ah pek really fling the chair over, seriously...

I'll whip out my cam to take video. =P

Eh, now you send such things to STOMP can get $50 NTUC voucher leh (my driving instructor said). That's why now accidents got soooo many by-standers.

Okay, got to sleep le. Tomorrow island-wide driving. Hope can get a feel of the auto jeep.

Last but not least...

Only sze and serkun will understand. But don't be mistaken, I really admire tanya chua's music!!

Take care, peeps!

No comments: