Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Why So Serious?"


..you might ask. Well, then, "let's put a smile on that face." :]

By now you should know which movie I've quoted from. But more on that later.

Seriously (pardon the pun), this weekend have been a treat for the senses, I must say. I've watched two solid movies (both blockbusters), and I must tell you, they both come with my seal of approval.
~

Friday met up with a long-time-no-see friend (we've not seen each other for, like, 2 years?). Intro-ed her to desserts @ MOF, which is now officially my favourite dessert place. And to prove to you that it's my favourite:



Yup, that's right, I've signed up for a MOF membership, which instantly gives me 10% off the bill and a further 20% off selected dessert items! Wow.


Anyway, we caught the movie:
赤壁 (上) aka Red Cliff (part 1)



I give the film:



This has got to be one of the most important movies of our time. For us Chinese, this is a chance to see the Biggest Battle of Ancient China being flashed out as a historical epic, under the guidance of mega-director John Woo, plus a powerful cast which includes Tony Leung and Takeshi Kaneshiro.

This majestic film is complete with pulse-racing action and sweeping cinematography which - I dare say - rival that of Lord of the Rings.

On a side-note, the media has been siting 林志玲 as a "花瓶" (decorative flower vase) in the movie. In her defense, she's a very beautiful 花瓶; and she is the exact embodiment of 小乔 - demure, soft-spoken and most importantly, very pretty. Heck, I think her casting is perfect.

FINAL SAY: With all the grandeur of the film and set, you might ask what is holding me back in giving it 5stars? Well, I'm reserving it for the final battle of red cliff itself (赤壁之战), which will be shown at the end of the year. All I can say is, it'll be good. I just know.
~

And now...

THE DARK KNIGHT


I give the film:



One word: "WHOA!"

This is officially the best movie in 2008 so far. The story, the mind-blowing sets (literally), the actors, the kan-cheong-ness, Heath Ledger's acting...... it's all just excellent, I tell you.

I can't even begin to say how amazing is (the late) Heath Ledger's turn as the Joker. Everytime he comes on screen you're drawn to him. You're scared of him. But you think he's funny. Then you think he's freaky. Then funny. Then scary. Yes, you're under the spell of a talented actor.. that's how schizophrenically-good he is.

Everything about this movie is big, BIG, BIG. A Singaporean guy plays a major villain in the movie. Edison Chen makes a blink-and-you'll-miss cameo as.. er, some extra assistant. And I must say, the director filmed the Hong Kong skyscrapers so majestically you won't believe it's hk =x

The story is as heart-wrenching as it is spectacular. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. I've said enough.

FINAL SAY: You'll be blown-off your seat. Believe the hype. Go watch it. Please.
~

Baoyuan, her gf (hannah) and yoketeng came over for mahjong on sunday. Weilong can't make it 'cos he overslept after duty. Nvm, dude, after I come back from Malaysia. Haha.

And, wth, hannah was sooo lucky!

Look at what she 自摸-ed:


SHI SAN YAO!!!!! (I don't know how to write in chinese!!)

Just looking at that gives me the chills...

Random photo of a random shirt and berms I bought over the weekend:

I hope you all don't find out where I bought this from 'cos I don't want to be caught wearing the same thing as you. Thanks.
~

Okay, notice:
I'm leaving for Redang (East Malaysia) from Saturday (26jul) to Tuesday (28jul) with Lamerz, Inc!

(Plus guard duty waiting for me on the 30th when I return. Argh!!!)

Take care, peeps!

No comments: