Sunday, October 12, 2008

One More Month...

(Feel free to play around with my new iTouch player at the sidebar)

Yep, one more month. Freedom is coming but... the stress seems to be piling up!

But more on that later. Went to catch two movies this week. Makan-ed at Lot1, Central @ Clarke Quay, Kolo Mee and MOF @ Marina Square. PLUS a lot of presents to buy....... all these have put a BIG hole in my wallet. (Which is one stress)

Firstly, Painted Skin.
I give the movie:



Even though 3.5/5 is an above average rating, but honestly, I expected more. First thing, do not believe what the movie tagline says: "More than just a love story". Well, it is actually just a love story.

Although there are moments that border on eerie (the story is from Strange Tales of Liao Zhai afterall), but it is the love triangle between Chen Kun the general, Zhou Xun the Fox Demon and Zhao Wei the suffering wife that tugs at the heatstrings. This is actually the first movie this year that has effectively put a tear to my eyes.

FINAL SAY: Zhou Xun and Zhao Wei's heart-rending acting is the best reason to catch this supernatural/love story.
~

Secondly, 20th Century Boys aka 20世纪少年.
I give the movie:



[ WARNING: This movie is only PART 1 of a TRILOGY ]
Dang, I didn't know that. But besides that gripe, I think this Manga-turned-Mega Blockbuster does live up to its expectations of being the BIGGEST film in Japan this year.

In true Japanese creativity/craziness/quirkiness/brilliance, the plot unfolds and intrigues you so much that you won't really realise that one hour has past and all the movie did was characterization.

In a nutshell, a group of grown men discover that a worldwide virus attack is realising all the end-of-the-world prophecies that they wrote in a comic when they were young. And a masked stranger (see poster) named 'Friend' is orchestrating all these attacks with his own religious cult.

FINAL SAY: It's funny. It's scary. It's ironic. It's great. Shall wait patiently for the next two installments (or maybe I'll just go find the manga =x)
~

Okay, about my stress.

> There's driving (I need to complete at least 15 lessons before my TP which is on 5DEC!).

> I need to find work or I'll have zero income after I ORD!

> Really spending a lot lately. Driving fees too.

> Camp is still busy 'cos of audits!

But ok lah, just need to plan my time properly.

Growing up is not easy.

Today went to listen SMU's Symphonic Band @ Esplanade for free (Beautiful Sunday concert series) with Jiamin and Caijie. Fun, fun. So long never listen concert le. Shopped a bit later. But never spend $. Cannot, lah!

Ok, booking in soon. Thursday Friday off and leave, wohoo!
But Sunday guard. What the sh**.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: