Friday, October 31, 2008

Yes, I've Conformed.

[ this is post #110. Which means the next post will be the 111th, which means... it'll be my ORD post. *jumps for joy* 7 more days to my pink ic!! ]

It sucks not updating my posts for so long because I was trying to reserve post no.111 for 11th Nov. So get ready for a long post!

But anyway, yes, I've conformed. I've got Facebook.
That was my first status update when I set-up my account last Monday. "Wilson Ng is conforming with Facebook." And yup, that's my "staring into space" (as quoted by Gladys Heng) display pic. I've since changed it. (see widget on sidebar)

Besides the reason that I want to conform (I mean, who doesn't have Facebook nowadays? I get this a lot before), I've learnt that it's a hassle-free way to keep in contact with people you've forgotten (oops). And it's heartening to know that they still remember you!

But OMG. There's TWO Bala Murugans. And to think that he accepted all our photo tags! LOL. Bernard, I think you should ask him about it. Stop stealing friends. Hahaha.
~

Yay, I can FINALLY review movies again! Don't worry, there's only two this time.

Firstly, Tropic Thunder.

Hilarious, No-Holds-Barred Satire
Star-Power:



Is this really what the critics are calling the 'Best Comedy of the Year'? This may very well be. Out of the slew of different comedies that came out this year (the risque Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the spy-spoof and very funny Get Smart, the physical comedy The House Bunny, just to name a few) this movie certainly steals the thunder, pardon the pun.

Firstly, get ready for this, we have mega-stars acting as mega-stars, in a Hollywood movie making a Hollywood movie. Confused yet? Don't be. Simply put, Stiller, Black and Downey Jr are making fun of the very industry that feeds them.

But Hell, did they do it brilliantly.

Suffice to say, they're spoofing the absurd decadence of those impossibly-paid Hollywood mega-actors these days, and throwing in a few blockbusters-worth of spectacular explosions and out-of-this-world movie sets. The effect is very often rewarding, and of course, very funny.

FINAL SAY: Watch out for Tom Cruise's scene-stealing cameo. You won't believe it.
~

Up next, High School Musical 3: Senior Year.

High School Naivete
Star-Power:



Is it really the end of the road for Zac Efron and Co.? Yes for the present cast, but No for the franchaise. Rumours have it that HSM4 is in the works, and it will feature the new actors being introduced in Part 3 - the annoying 'Rocket Man' and the equally annoying British lass who plays Sharpay's assistant.

But let's get back to this movie. I have to declare something first: I like musicals. I count last year's Hairspray and Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge! as two of my favourites. So, for HSM3, a teenage (a word no longer associated with me) musical, I nearly gave it a 3.5-star (don't gasp).

If you saw the movie, I think you will somewhat agree with me. Firstly, the talent of the cast is undeniable. They can sing and dance and still look so fabulous. And their so freakin' young! Secondly, some of the musical numbers (particularly the one where they prepare for prom) nearly worths a weekday ticket price.

But the problem I have? The actors seem too big for their roles. Which I feel is the same problem that will plague the final three Harry Potter movies. And also, there's so little drama!

FINAL SAY: Just too much innocence, that's all. But if you sit-back and enjoy it as a musical, chances are, you'll like it.
~

And.... here's my new phone!
I think I can sell this picture to Nokia as catalogue picture for this phone. Haha, ok jk.

Ok, I know. You have the same question. Why did I get a NON-camera phone even though I'm going to ORD in like 7days?
Ans: Because I already have a good-enough digicam and this phone is affordable AND it's really quite a good phone.


There you go. I really like my phone =)
~

Okay, just fyi, I'm already preparing my 111th post. Watch out for that next Tuesday (11/11/2008).

Take care, peeps!

No comments: