Saturday, November 10, 2007

9-Hour Kbox-ing!?

Firstly, thanks yr, sk and viv for liking my previous post. Spent quite long putting it together. Am proud of it =P

Peijun, thanks for laughing at my video.. AT WORK. Lol. But glad you enjoyed it. =D (Malu!!)

And vivien, guess what? I did something very stupid. I burned EPISODE 2 instead of 1. Like !!??!! right? Ahhh, one CD-R wasted like that =x but don't worry, that just means it's possible to burn. So, yup. I'll pass you some day (can exchange for that chicken essence you kop-ed for me, hee). Oh no, I've a feeling you'll spam my tagboard again.

Anw, back to the topic. Do you know the meaning of crazy? Crazy = singing THREE sessions of Kbox for TWO-days straight!!!

The First
It all started on friday night. Lamerz (minus fungi and geraldine) met up @ Clementi for a kbox session. 'Cos zhiwei's friend working @ that branch.. so we thought we could get an offer (in the end not much of an offer, but still got free food, so thanks, Yuren!). Ya, so that was the FIRST session.

The Second
Promised wenjie quite long ago that I'll 'K' with him soon on saturday morning. So there we are. Straight from the previous night (save for my 7hours sleep), I'm back at Kbox again. This time - AMK branch.

The Third
During my SECOND session, my dad sms-ed me and said my mom wants to K. He said she was feeling moody, so I guess, a 3-hour kbox session will make her more alive. So... there I was again, BACK AT AMK BRANCH WITH 1HR BREAK IN BETWEEN. The lady at the counter recognised me. We sang till 7pm.

So there yer go, it feels like I've just been put through a 2-day singing crash course. But it's fun =) =P AND CRAZY.

Anw, before I end my year-end-list of movies, I've got two more to add on. Happy to say, they were above average.

The first one is RATATOUILLE. I bought the vcd to put into my mp4 to watch during my BDS (or commonly known as COS) duty on deepavali. I just returned to my unit from signals course so I sorta expected them to give me public-holiday/weekend duties. BLEAH. But Thank goodness I had this film to accompany me. Being stuck in an office alone for 24hrs is no joke.


I give the movie W o o o o o W (5.0/5)

It's about a rat who loves to cook. He meets a loser-ish human in a famous restaurant in Paris restaurant who doesn't know how to cook, and they are a match-made in Heaven. Or so we thought.

Ratatouille is common Disney/Pixar fare - which means to say, it's an instant classic. You will not watch a better animation this year (have you heard the less-than-encouraging reviews of Bee Movie?).

Brad Bird (director of Ratatouille and The Incredibles) just gets better. And he was already so good! This film is a result of passion and love for your art.

LAST SAY: Brilliantly funny and beautiful at the same time. You just have to love it =)


The second movie I watched this week was The Game Plan. Watched it with szern. Ya, I got two free tix. Were both looking for something nice to watch. There didn't seem to be anything interesting in the cinemas. Game Plan was the best-bet. I'm jus glad it paid-off =P


I give the movie W o o o o W (3.5/5)

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Never thought he was a credible actor. Just know that he was a bankable star for companies who want to milk ca$h out of him in forgettable action movies (do you remember The Scorpion King, Doom, The Rundown? If you do, good for you and him).

But this movie changed my perception. He proved he could handle comedy and drama at the same time, and that is what this movie is about. Besides, a recent 8days interview also showed that he is quite a witty 'rock' too =P

The first-half was funny. With the usual Disney family-friendly gags, which are still reliable for laughs. The second-half was surprisingly touching.

LAST SAY: Unexpected dramatic second-half saved the movie from being just another mindless Disney fluff. The Game Plan is both funny and touching. Although it's commercial and conventional, but it's worth-it.


Alright, I've to book-in le. I got guard duty tomorrow!! On a sunday!! -.-

Like I told you, I expected it le.

Oh well, take care, peeps!

No comments: