Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Whiff of Stardust

Took wednesday half-day off and thursday full-day because my cousins wanted to play overnight mahjong. Eugene and elicia finished their A's; Roxane finished her O's. We ended up playing till 12+ am and watched a movie, and everyone was asleep by 2am. Haha.

Well, talking about exams, my bro got his PSLE results. 198. English A; Maths C; Science B and, get ready for this, Chinese B. Wow well done. Really didn't expect can. He should be getting into Normal/Express stream in Anderson Sec. Study hard, fred!!

My cousins and I watched Stardust on wednesday. Heard some good reviews about it. Here's mine.

I give the movie WooooW (3.5/5)

This movie didn't make it into my TOP40 list (which will come out VERY soon) because I've already compiled the list. But nevertheless, the movie is not much of a big deal as I thought it would be.

Stardust boasts some A-List stars like Claire Danes (as a fallen star from the sky), Michelle Pfeifer (as a villainous witch who wants the star's heart to gain eternal youth) and Robert De Niro (as a tough-looking but closet-gay pirate in the sky). Baffled? Because it's a fantasy movie!

This is as 'fantasy' as a 'fantasy story' gets, with flying pirates, evil witches, scheming princes, cross-dressing pirates and .. er .. a fallen star thrown in for good measure. =P

Plus Points: There's this very meaningful monologue by the fallen star (the very pretty Claire Danes) in one scene. You know, she's a star, so she've witnessed practically the whole history of man. She said that it was a torture to watch Man experience wars, hatred, deceit and injustice; but the only thing that made the watching tolerable was love. Altogether now, awwww. I agree. Love is a magical and beautiful thing; and it triumphs. Yay.

Flaws: The movie is just really fluffy fantasy stuff. You want mature, you want macho, LOTR is always available on DVD.

Last Say: It's watchable and enjoyable. But I'm more looking forward to The Golden Compass.

Yay. Bought shirt and cardigen today.

Booking in soon. If only I got more offs! Lol. Took too much le =x

Take care, peeps!

No comments: