Saturday, November 3, 2007

My 10 Seconds of Fame =P

I was so lucky and yet.. quite unlucky. Here's why:

As you all know, last tuesday was the screening of 创业无敌手4 on channel 8, the one where I have a short cameo playing the trumpet. I was disheartened at first 'cos usually I have nights off on wednesdays only. However, because of the COC Parade rehearsals in my camp, nights off was brought forward to tuesday!!

So I happily rushed home with dad and reached home on the dot: 8pm.

He went upstairs to press "Record" on the VCR (yes, we're still that primative). After watching for awhile (with my bro and dad; mum was doing facial for someone), I was convinced the producers had cut my part away =(

because from what I saw during filming, zoe tay's appearance was after mine; and from the show, zoe tay had already appeared and I was nowhere to be seen.

Then... this scene came on:


I remembered this! I was half-covering my face with my hand at the coffee table and proclaiming: "Oh shit.. oh shit.. they never cut.. they got show.." I was actually embarrassed! Then my dad and bro started getting all excited.

And sure enough .... the rest is history:


Yup.. that's Patricia Mok getting fresh with Julian Hee as I played the piece Tong Hua. And all the while, my dad was laughing his head off. I dunno whether he found it genuinely funny or that the scene was dumb or that he was just too happy his son was on tv. I guess it's a combi of all 3. =x

Then the sms-es came in. And two were actually from people who I didn't tell to watch!

SzeRn: "wahahaha!! that's all I can say.. hahahaha!!"

Wenjie: "i turned on the tv late and just nice I saw your part.."

Jia Hao: "hey I saw you on tv. Why are you the trumpet?"

Elicia (she's a fellow trumpeteer; I used to be her section leader): "Wilson. I thought I saw you on tv -.-"

And the funniest thing is after I replied Jia Hao (he's quite active in Singapore's band scene), he said:

"I was telling my mum I might know the trumpeteer.. then you came on screen.. I stunned.. Haha."



If you're wondering how I got the video, that's the part where I'm "unlucky".

After watching the one-hour show (my segment was only 10mins, and I only appeared for 10secs), we went upstairs to check out the recording tape.

Alas, we were using an ancient mouldy-tape, and the recording turned out to be made up of squiggly lines.

We were very disappointed. However, thank goodness there was this thing called MobTV. For the permanent documentation of my 10sec of fame, we paid $16.05 for the month of november for subscription. And the video above is taken from there.

Yay, finally.. monday is the LAST DAY at Stagmont camp. Gg back unit on tuesday.

Playin' mahjong later.

Take care, peeps!

No comments: